Pinwheel Tutorial

This was my swap card for the recent SU Regional Convention here in Columbia, SC. Once I learned how to make this pinwheel, it quickly became my favorite type of card to make. Plus, it's a good use for all of your designer paper scraps. I had a lot of questions regarding how I made the pinwheel, so here is my attempt at a tutorial. Hope it is helpful!
Begin with 8 squares of dsp at 1 5/16". Then cut two squares of vanilla or white (whatever color coordinates with your dsp) at 2 7/8".

Glue the two large squares together to form this pattern. I've found it helps keep everything lined correctly if you use the bold lines in the center of your grid paper as I have shown. Match your points on the bold lines and you'll have the perfect pattern.


Begin by gluing your first square on one of the corners. Be sure to put adhesive only in one corner, because you will need to put your last square underneath this one, as you'll see later.



Glue your second piece on the next corner. This piece should have adhesive all over the back. Continue sticking your squares in each corner of your pattern until you have gone all the way around.




Your last square will have to be partially placed underneath your first piece. This is why you don't glue the entire first piece. (Sorry for the blurry photo. Someone's had a lot of coffee this morning!)





Add embellishments to your finished pinwheel. I love the antique brads, or the two larger buttons from the Buttons #5 Sizzlits Die, actual buttons, or almost any of the flowers from sizzlits would work. I'll make lots of Christmas cards with the pattern with snowflakes in the center. Hope you have fun making pinwheel cards!






1 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

thank you, thank you, thank you for providing this tutorial for us. I haven't seen these but know that I'll be making tons of them and what a perfect way to use scraps.

Thanks

Janet

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!